Prince of Persia
May 24, 2017 at 11:56 am #470
THE HISTORY OF DOSSINGTON DC (1960-1970)
Sorceress led a record 15-year-long office as Dossington’s Mayor, following a change to the Dostitution that granted her both the rights to serve two terms in a row, and switched the term duration to ten years.
In a controversial campaign, prior to which Sorceress tried to change the Dostitution again and run for a third term, Wan W. Wan (son of 20s mayor Wan) won the office for the 60s decade.
After light reforms to the tax law, Wan W. launched various park projects throughout the city, in particular in the polluted and crime-prone Riverside district, which saw a new and expensive police station constructed on the flank of a montain.
The Plagette area, which was left abandoned since Wan W. father’s mandate, was finally completed, with the creation of a much welcome seaport.
Excited by the positive feedback about the port, W. ended his term by announcing the launch of a large airport in the new Redneck County. “We still have to find people to invest in it, but it will be awesome”, promised the Mayor in his final speech.
Yearly Income: $1.638
Approval Rating: 62%
sorceressParticipantMay 24, 2017 at 6:25 pm #472
ahh, sorry wan. :/ i assumed kdrnic was taking the next session.
I’ll take a look at your 1955 parallel universe anyway! Doc brown must be involved in this misfortune somehow.May 24, 2017 at 7:30 pm #473
No problem, I just failed my attempt at a surprise update!
And Back to the Future did involve the year 1955 🙂 Now I want to keep playing that alternate timeline as Biff Tannen and see where it goes…
toastyParticipantPodcasterJune 1, 2017 at 9:23 am #474
In order to save Dossington from the many challenges of the 1970s, Toasty III, of the Toasty mayoral dynasty, stepped in. Promising to bring the city out of the minor recession, and to crack down on “rampant, dangerous time travel”, he was sworn in to rapturous applause.
# 1971 – 1973
– Tax rates are lowered in preparation for a drastic city expansion.
– Mayor Toasty undertakes a huge development in the Grand Valley.
# 1974 – 1976
– Mayor Toasty binges on education, building a new school, college, museum and several libraries.
– Dossington becomes state capital. A giant statue of Toasty III is erected at Dizzying Heights, along with a beautiful residential district.
– With demand secure, tax rates are increased again.
# 1977 – 1979
– To relieve traffic in the Tijny Tunnel and around the Windy Tops, the Windy Relief Road is built. Developments soon spring up in this area too, leading to a bustling new district.
Mayor Toasty attempts to hold onto power through a string of scandals, but is forced from office when it emerges he too indulges in frequent time travel.
Approval rating: 63%
Estimated annual income: $3018
sorceressParticipantJune 1, 2017 at 7:08 pm #476
The objective for this term is to further city expansion, and implement a sustainable economic model.
– Adjusted taxes to reflect high demands for Commercial and Industrial.
– Reduced Residental taxes to encourage new residents into the area.
– Began levelling the terrain above Grand Valley in preparation for city expansion.
– Layed roads in the new Grand Plateau area
– Expanded the hydro plants behind the nearby fire station.
– A new police station and hospital are constructed in the Grand Plateau area.
– As revenue is already high, we remove the 1% Income Tax, and introduce several new socially progressive ordinances to encourage people to move into our growing area.
– A suspension bridge is constructed over the river near the Marina, providing another access point into Grand Plateau.
– Construction continues along the plateau, to Schwarzenegger Hill.
– Rebalanced taxes to maintain a sustainable demand for all areas, while maintaining a good income.
– Response to a water shortage with construction of several new pumps.
– Some small parks are placed in new residential areas.
– More roads are added to Schwarzenegger Hill, to try and ease congestion.
– Terrain is levelled near to the Ocean Seaport, for placement of a small industrial area.
– Work near the ocean continues, with construction of the Seaside Holiday Park
– An ocean link road is completed, for connecting with our pirate friends.
Approval: 70%June 3, 2017 at 9:30 am #478
THE HISTORY OF DOSSINGTON DC (1990-2000)
In the year 1990, Wan W. managed to get elected again, 20 years after his first term. Strangely, the man did not seem to age at all.
He started by fixing terrible water shortages all around the city. “It takes me a whole hour to reach the nearest well”, explained a Schwarzenegger Hill resident with a bucket in each hand. “It means that in two hours… I’ll be back” he said, putting sunglasses on and walking away.
In 1993, Mayor Wan W. shocked the scientific world by announcing a disruptive solar power technology. “I invented it myself, using electronics, and… and pipes, and stuff”, he explained to the hundreds of skeptical experts who attended the inaugural speech. As it turns out, the technology did work, the Mayor was hailed as a hero, and the oil energy crisis expected in 2000 was prevented.
In the following years, taxes were slightly increased, as the city could hardly keep expanding. Efforts were made on security and education.
In 1997, a plane crash in Rednack County killed all 134 passengers in a terrible accident, starting a fire that burned down more than half of the district.
Fortunately the city firefighters handled the situation well, and Wan W. put thousands of sim dollars into rebuilding the place, now called Redneck 97′ as a tribute.
While Wan. W. was the favorite for his re-election, he happened to be declared missing in December 1999 in strange circumstances, never to be seen again.
kdrnicParticipantJune 3, 2017 at 5:01 pm #482
In january 2000, a 2 year old Kdrnic, a descendant of the loved 30s figure, becomes mayor of Dossington, despite protests regarding the minimal age for taking office, or being able to properly communicate for that matter.
-Free clinics are again reinstated, and health department funding bought to 100%. The mayor expresses a support for universal free healthcare, to the chagrim of the pesky liberals who had removed this ordnance.
-Fire department funding is also bought to 100%, to increase fire safety possibly.
-A new area known as the Highlands is created. It is thought with the increased health spending, the residents of this area will live long.
-The Dossington Tank Museum is inaugurated in the Highlands, to display the most interesting tanks of the world wars.
-In August, the military asks to place a base on Dossington. The mayor accepts considering his duty for the country. Unfortunately, they can’t find suitable land for it…
-The Highlands are further developed
-The residential zone of Windy Bottom is expanded
-A solar plant is built at the Highlands, due to increased demand and power transmission issues
-A terrain elevation is lowered near the Redneck 97 airport, and nearby commerce rezoned to light, in an effort to avoid plane crashes at terrain and buildings
-Highlands further developed
-New solar plant built, to accommodate demand
-A plane crash starts a fire near the Henry Kissinger bridge, but firefighters put it down. The bridge is renamed the “Firefighters of Kdrnic bridge”
-Another solar plant installed, due to continuing demand
-Since capacity of existing plants remains at ~100%, 2 more are built identically, next to the most recent one
-The Glorious Persecution against the opium of the people takes place: 5 churches are bulldozed, recalling the revolutionary efforts of the 30s
Population: 65740 sims
Treasury: 10801 simoleons
Income: 4069 simoleons
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.