The Secret of Monkey Island
Code of Conduct
DOS Game Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members, including administrators and everyone involved with the club. We believe it is important that members should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
The internet can be a great place to hang out, as long as people are being nice to one another. That's why insulting, demeaning or harassing anyone, privately or publicly, will not be tolerated. Likewise any spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behavior is not welcome.
Members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club. We offer several channels which people can use to get in touch: the forums, our chat channel, Twitter or e-mail at .
Members are expected to:
- Be friendly and particularly welcoming to new members.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background or religious beliefs, sexual identity or other similar characteristic.
- Refrain from the use of racial/sectarian references.
- Challenge or report inappropriate behaviour.
- Avoid using overtly sexual nicknames or other nicknames that might detract from a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
- Make DOS Game Club a fun place to be.
Members have the right to:
- Be safe.
- Be listened to.
- Be respected and treated fairly.
- Have their privacy respected.
- Be protected from abuse by other members or outside sources.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Participate on an equal basis.
- Enjoy the DOS version of a game, even when the Amiga version is better.
We hope all members find these rules obvious and agree with them, and no strict policing of them will be required. In the event of a member not observing our code of conduct however, we do reserve the right to suspend that member's account and/or remove their posts.