Kart Race (a.k.a. 카트 레이스)

Home Forums Previous Months 92 – May 2024: Wacky Wheels Kart Race (a.k.a. 카트 레이스)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Emmxyzzy
    Participant

Just thought I’d mention this lesser-known title, due to its blatant similarities with the game of the month. You may already be familiar with it, but I wasn’t until fairly recently!

DJ_HiP
    Participant

Wow, so I guess they licenced the engine a few years later?

I can find so little information about that game, not helped by the very generic title!

https://www.mobygames.com/game/56511/kart-race/

taxalot
    Participant

I was aware of the Skunny Kart issue but not of this one. I wonder who they licensed the engine from.

DJ_HiP
    Participant

haha yes of course, now wouldn’t that be the ultimate twist if it was licenced from Copysoft and not Beavis Soft!

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Ok, this thing has opponents shooting, and what feels like at least one sound effect stolen from Doom.

It feels different, plays different, don’t think they copied/stole/licensed the engine.

I also looked into a CD release, and that even seems to require win 3.1 to install (despite it being a DOS game).

watchful
    Participant

Found this YT mentioning Skunny Kart, but light on details. Does anyone have a definitive source on which game is the original and who really ‘owns’ the engine?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 92 – May 2024: Wacky Wheels Kart Race (a.k.a. 카트 레이스)