104% completion!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

For those of you wondering where the last two points are in Hugo 1, I’ll just let you have some of mine, since I seem to have gotten an extra 8!

20211002-165504

I’m pretty sure some of those points come came from picking up the chop again after throwing it to the dog. He doesn’t seem to mind. He’s a good boy.

But if you ask me where I think the “real” 2 missing points are, did you pick up the pumpkin before breaking it open?

duke_of_germany
    Participant

I just finished the game, and was very surprised to end up with a score of 206! :-O

I wonder if even higher scores might be possible…

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I pass my crown to you my good sir

Do you know what you did to get that score?

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Damn, I didn’t even get to 190 :-/

duke_of_germany
    Participant

I just checked: each time you take away the pork chop from the dog, you are awarded 8 points. :-O Since my amount of excess points is a multiple of 8, I now can at least hope that I basically got every point in the game 😉 But the same is true for your run as well, TigerQuoll. 🙂

I had a hard time figuring out the right verb to open the trapdoor, so this was the reason why I left the room twice (and picking up the pork chop so I can get back later).

Apart from that, I am not entirely sure that I did something special during my run. Picking up the pumpkin before opening it seems to award 2 extra points for some strange reason (as you already pointed out), but apart from this, I only examined pretty much everything in the game I could identify in the graphics…

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Right, I just did a test. You can just keep throwing the chop and picking it up over and over again, getting more and more points. It also makes the dog glitch and do the moonwalk sometimes.

Interestingly, I think the score maxes out at 255 or something before going back round to 0. Just now I did the chop trick until I got bored, then went on to finish the game and realised my final score is 25!

duke_of_germany
    Participant

Wow, such an interesting discovery! So with a little determination and calculation, it should even be possible to finish the game with 0 points! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.