A warm welcome

Home Forums User Introductions A warm welcome

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Titanic
    Participant

Greetings!

Yeah I’m James from Portsmouth in United Kingdom.

I’ve been listening to the podcast for a while now and love the in-depth discussions on the games.

DOS gaming always hits a chord with me as I grew up primarily with DOS based machines in my younger years.

I remember my stalwart Amstrad 1640 machine and the hours of fun playing the old Sierra adventure games, digger, Xenon II and more.

My dad worked in IT so we were lucky enough to get the newer spec machines when they first came out. I still remember the 486 Dx2 we had and how amazing that was with our trusty Soundblaster 16 card!

Hopefully I’ll contribute a little to the forum and aim to have a crack at the monthly game too!

Laters

James

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

A fellow Amstrad user 😀 My parents bought the PC1512 of one of my classmates for my sister. I had a 486 at the time, but I always found this clunky little machine super intriguing and interesting. Too bad we binned it a couple years later. They’ve become quite expensive these days.

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Hi and welcome from a fellow UK fan!
    And an Amstrad fan – my DOS days were spent on our family’s trusty 5286 😉

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Obviously ours was “Schneider” branded, but the machines were the same.

Titanic
    Participant

I loved my old Amstrad.

Remember I got Summer Games II and Pitstop 2 with it and play them to death.

My dad had a IBM PS/2 for work but we weren’t allowed to use that very offen.

I do remember my brother installing some old Sierra games onto it though. Ahhh memories!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums User Introductions A warm welcome