Advice for a first time player

Home Forums Previous Months 67 – April 2022: Mech Warrior 2 Advice for a first time player

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Canageek
    Participant

Alright, it’s April 1st, so this weekend I have two (games club) related things to do:

1) Record a message to send into the podcast on Quake
    2) Play Mechwarrior for the first time.

So, any advice for a first time player? Does it matter which clan I pick?

Mr Creosote
    Participant

Clans, I don’t see a significant difference.

General advice: play with sound on 😀

Kazashi
    Participant

It doesn’t matter which Clan you pick. Basically they’re both sides of the same war, so you’ll play on the same planets with the same Mechs, and the scenarios will be similar. But they won’t be identical playthroughs, so feel free to give them both a try.

And yes, play with the music if you can!

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’m getting the impression that MechWarrior and BattleTech are a huge, deep rabbit hole.
    I think I’m just going to get the original CD version and go for it.
    Should I read up on any lore, or maybe even give MechWarrior 1989 a shot first, or just dive right in?

Mr Creosote
    Participant

The lore sections, displayed as text between the missions, are fully optional. The original MechWarrior is quite a different game as well.

In the end, it depends what you are looking for. You can play and enjoy this game as a “battle robot simulation” without any prior knowledge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 67 – April 2022: Mech Warrior 2 Advice for a first time player