Albion

Home Forums Game Suggestions Albion

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by toasty toasty 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • yozy
    yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Albion is a 1995 RPG by Blue Byte with hybrid 2D map and 3D dungeons. It is very text heavy with an amazing story, great atmosphere and quite difficult combats.

For me Albion is definitely the best and most beautiful DOS game I have played.

Moby Games link: https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/albion

toasty
    toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

This art work is very beautiful, and quite reminiscent of the time. It seems to have an interesting mix of sci-fi and fantasy too—here’s the story intro:

“In the year 2227, the gigantic, interstellar factory ship “Toronto” reaches a distant solar system. The ship’s owners, the enormous DDT company, believe that there are rich deposits of raw materials on this third planet of the system; but the data which describes the planet as a desert, turns out to be forged. Albion is in fact a world full of life, secrets, surprises and magic. When Tom Driscoll, the pilot of the reconnaissance team discovers this, he swears to save Albion from “Toronto’s” tentacles.”

Count me in! 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Albion