Anoat City

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• killershrew
    Participant

Just like to say that the puzzling in the dark in anoat city is poop. other than that i am having fun inte first three levels. it seems the empire only had very few kinds of wallpaper tho.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

There’s a pair of infrared goggles somewhere near the start of Anoat. You turn them on with F5, but they have limited (although quite generous) battery life.
    It’s still gloomy and hard to see with them, but much better than pitch darkness.

killershrew
    Participant

Ah! thanks! I remeber picking them up but never remembered to use them! Maybe i should read the manual!

watchful
    Participant

Another tip is to open the map. Even without a headlamp or goggles one can navigate once you know the shape of the main areas.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Actually, I just realised the infra-red goggles and the headlamp are two different things. The goggles (F2) seem a bit useless, but the headlamp (F5) is pretty useful.

Then there’s the ice cleats and the gas mask and probably some more items I haven’t gotten yet, all activated by the function keys. So annoying when you’re fumbling to turn the right one on while you’re being chased by a Dark Trooper or something!

watchful
    Participant

With TheForceEngine you can rebind the keys. Or even with DOSbox-X.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.