Article by the co-creator

Home Forums Previous Months 75 – December 2022: Albion Article by the co-creator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Googling similarities between this game and the movie Avatar (I’m not the first to notice btw, but I haven’t found any real deep-dives into this topic) I found a somewhat interesting article from 2013 by Jurie Horneman, one of the people behind Albion.
    There’s a few more articles on his site that mention Albion too. Worth taking a look.

Enjoy!

https://www.intelligent-artifice.com/2013/07/on-albion-and-avatar.html

yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Didn’t know this similarity was “officially acknowledged”. After seeing Avatar it felt hard to not see the parallels. “A person coming to a new world, and suddenly needing to save it from its own kind” might be a genre of its own now I suppose. I liked the polite refusal to criticise the game by the Celtologist though 😀

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Eyyy this was written by Jurie Horneman, who actually agreed to do an interview with us! Isn’t that cool? I’ll open a thread where people can suggest questions we ask him.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 75 – December 2022: Albion Article by the co-creator