Casual warning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

The highest difficulty rubber bands HARD, so you have been warned.

DJ_HiP
    Participant

haha that is incredible.

Amateur and Pro are quite ok, Championship level is ridiculous. Each time I get to the finish line 3 cars rapidly accelerate in front of me.

Basically have to rapid fire hedgehogs at the finish line in the hope you hit the two to three karts which fly in front of you to win.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Pretty much, it doesn’t matter what you do, they will pass, even if you’re only in second.

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

Just been having my first goes on this and you aren’t kidding. You don’t need to win every race thankfully. I still won the bronze levels season on the first attempt. Came unstuck on a watery level on the gold though.

Fairly sure I got a big boxed version of this back at the time from the high street which I didn’t keep as I didn’t like the game all that much.

Playing it now, this barely qualifies as racing in my eyes. There doesn’t feel to be any actual physics going on. I mean the handbrake literally just spins you 90 degrees. It’s a bit of throwaway fun but I can’t see me spending much more than an hour on it over the month. I think the only reason I played it back then was because I was hearing about Mario Kart all the time and felt compelled to try to like the PC equivalent. It’s still fun to go back again 20 years later but this isn’t much of a game if you ask me.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

The place where I found a lot of fun with this game was local multilayer. As a challenge, I have, in the past, actually grinded to win the hardest difficulty winning all the races. I think solo I liked the shootout modes better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.