Civilization

Home Forums Game Suggestions Civilization

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• DavidN
    Participant
    Podcaster

This just came into my head during the anniversary podcast – having played Command and Conquer and Heroes, this is another titan of the strategy genre!

evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

I was thinking of recommending the same, but perhaps Colonization might be worth a try as well, they’ve only remade it once whereas we have like 10 Civilizations 😀

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’d love to play the original! So far I’ve only played Civ 2 onwards.

IMO Colonization’s gameplay is different enough to deserve being played separately. Though it does have some rather conspicuous omissions :/

Rcutress
    Participant

Got to be done. Not many games are still going after 20 years.

PixelProphecy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Count me in! I’ve played Civ I more than all the others in the series combined and love coming back to it every couple of months to lead the Zulus to world domination 😉

Fimbulvetr
    Participant

Civ 1 is an absolute classic! I still go back to that game per than any other Civ.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

We just picked MoO2 for November, we’ll have to wait a while for another turn based 4X games, but once we revisit that genre, Civ would be a cool pick!

circletheory
    Participant

I would love to join the podcast if Cub gets picked up! Hopefully soon.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I guess it’s been long enough since we played a proper turn based strategy game (not counting X-COM).

Maybe this year is finally the year we play Civ?

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Plenty of epic games then this year, with worms, (nomad), descent, system shock, should we schedule civ for vacation time?

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I would love to do this one. It’s such a classic, way ahead of its time and really genre inventing. Yet I’ve never played it. Doing it here would be a great excuse for me to finally give it a shot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Civilization