Comparisions to Red Baron

Home Forums Previous Months 29 – June 2019: Knights of the Sky Comparisions to Red Baron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

So back in the day, I was a big fan of KoTS, whilst my friend was a big fan of Red Baron.
    The big advantage of the Microprose game is that the flight model is very simple (and easier to play), and head-to-head play is available (although I never tried that). You don’t get a German campaign in KoTS, and once you get your gunnery eye in KoTS you can down an enemy fighter in one round of ammunition.
    Taking out enemy aces after they rudely dropped an insulting note at your airdrome is very cool though!

Some more detailed discussion on GOG forums here

sirskid
    Participant

If flying is easier than in Red Baron Im looking forward to trying out this game. I always found Red Baron to be very hard, but Im not an Ace pilot by any means. When I play rb I rarely even get to see the enemy before im shot down!

Corgibuttz
    Participant
    Podcaster

I read that Knights of the Sky was originally going to be called Red Baron, but they were beat to the punch and had to rename it. I think that was on the wiki.

Trixter
    Participant

Not to throw too hard a wrench into the discussion, but an additional comparison to Blue Max would be cool. I know that Red Baron was the popular favorite, but I’m guessing that, due to the companies producing them, KoTS and Blue Max are at least more historically accurate. I seem to recall Blue Max also tried to model the rotational prop speed properly (it’s harder to turn in one direction than the other due to the prop).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 29 – June 2019: Knights of the Sky Comparisions to Red Baron