Copypaper— hello all!

Home Forums User Introductions Copypaper— hello all!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• copypaper
    Participant

Hello all! I am copypaper. I grew up in the Midwest in the US.

My introduction to DOS was as a little kid. My grandmother bought all her kids the original IBM PC, telling them that they should teach her grandchildren how to use the machines, because it will be important for their futures. How right she was!

I was also fortunate enough to have a father who was really into technology, so we got new PCs over the years. Very few others in my small town had PCs, and no stores or resources for how to use any of it, so there was a lot of learning them from trial and error.

Some of my favorite memories from early computing are actually from my older sister’s games. She liked puzzle and horror games, meaning I played a lot of games that I might not have otherwise, including 7th guest, Phantasmagoria, etc.

I also have some good memories getting early modem multiplayer games working. Early on, it was as much a “could we do it” exercise as any real attempt to play a game. It was exciting to see Commanche working over modem to my dad’s office.

These days, I work as a programmer. My favorite DOSBox/SCUMMVM setup is a raspberry pi hooked to a TV with a portable keyboard/trackpad setup, Thank you for reading, and I look forward to playing DOS games with all of you!

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Hey welcome! What an awesome grandmother you have 😮 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums User Introductions Copypaper— hello all!