Covert Action

Home Forums Game Suggestions Covert Action

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

I just came across the game Covert Action by Sid Meiers.

It was released in 1990 for DOS and Amiga and seems to contain a neat collection of puzzles, not to mention some great artwork:

Great artwork

Puzzly

evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

Have you ever wanted to be James Bond? Well, an American CIA agent who is tasked with taking down international state-sponsored crooks and terrorists via a series of four mini games and logic.

Many who have played this game will say there is one game and the rest is decoration. Each scheme you’re trying to foil will give you the options to break into safehouses, trail suspect vehicles, conduct wiretapping and decrypt messages. The breaking in is the main part of the game, and you will spend most of your time top-down, sneaking around photographing files and safes to find plot evidence, arresting suspects and confiscating plot items, neutralising guards and when things go bad, grenades.

The game is repeatable until your character “retires”, similar to Pirates, as you get more “00” levels each time you win. Take down masterminds every few missions (although there is a way to cheat that I found….)

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Oooooh, I think I actually tried playing this game a bit relatively recently. I don’t remember a whole lot about it, but I think I found it a bit too unintuitive to play it for longer.

But I’d love to dive in properly and check this game out for real. I mean, it does seem intriguing!

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

Ahh! I must have skimmed past this when writing about Covert Action here. Sorry!

I’m definitely keen to play this game, it looks great 😀

KewlioMZX
    Participant

Oh, man, Covert Action. I remember trying to stream this game several years ago. I’m not sure if it was me or if it was the game, but it seemed to get really nasty once you got a few Masterminds down. I’d be down for playing this game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Covert Action