Custom Levels

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• patrick_wd
    Participant

In the late ’90s, a program was developed called “LemEdit” that allows the creation of customized lemmings maps, playable in a hacked version of DOS Lemmings, called Customized Lemmings. You can find them both here under the LemEdit category. There’s also a brief tutorial on how to use the editor here. It’s a pretty simple program and fairly easy to pick up. There are modern lemmings clones with their own editors, but they deviate a bit from the original design of the game and don’t quite have the nostalgic charm of the DOS original to me.

Just for fun I’m going to try to make a small pack of levels for the month. If anyone else is into Lemmings and interested in making some, it would be fun to share them around, or even combine them into a single DGC pack.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Oooh… I’ve always loved level editors, and I’ve always loved lemmings. Going to have to check this out!

patrick_wd
    Participant

After a couple weeks of effort, I’ve managed to put together a pack of levels to celebrate the month. Just rename the file to LEVELPAK.DAT and place it in your Customized Lemmings folder, replacing the original LEVELPAK.DAT.

Patrick’s DGC Level Pack

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Wow this is awesome. I can’t wait to check it out!

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

December being what it is, I only got around to checking out your levels now! And unfortunately the link has expired. Any chance you could re-upload them?

patrick_wd
    Participant

Sure, I’m making some adjustments based on feedback and will upload a new version soon.

patrick_wd
    Participant

Here’s version 1.1. I’ve made some of the early levels a bit less punishing, but the back half of the pack is still very hard.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Great! Thanks so much 🙂

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Thank you so much for making these, Patrick. Great stuff!

Does the link expire? If it does, we’d be happy to host your level pack here on this server.

patrick_wd
    Participant

Thanks! I still have some tweaks I’d like to make for a final version, but yeah, once it’s all done and dusted that would be great.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.