Cutscenes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I don’t really have anything insightful to say about the cutscenes, but I feel they deserve their own thread. They really crack me up, haha. Maximum 90s energy 😀

Is there more to the story than “we’re the red guys and we hate the blue guys, even though they look exactly the same as us, except for the colour”?

f2bnp
    Participant

Funny you should mention that, as I had them disabled from the main menu after a while. They just seemed to repeat after most missions and once you’ve seen them a couple of times… they felt a bit boring to me :P.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, they seem completely disconnected from the missions for the most part. It’s just the same 2 guys and the sergeant goofing around. Even though I’m only on level 5, I’ve already seem some clips twice.

But they do have a very unique 90s feel to them that’s not present anywhere nowadays. It’s a bit in the same vein as Beavis & Butthead, Bill & Ted, Wayne’s World, that sort of stuff. I think it’s awesome haha

Shattered
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’ve completed the first two “worlds” and so far I think each world has their own limited set of unique cutscenes, but they provide multiple sets of voice-overs for each cutscene?

I have definitely felt like I’ve watched the same video of two soldiers taking off over a sand dune multiple times but once they were arguing over who gets to drive and then beginning another level it’s the same video but this time it’s one soldier criticizing the other’s driving instead.

Maybe I’m seeing things, but I just thought it was a clever trick to squeeze out as much content from limited space or dev time.

Aianhanma
    Participant

Heh, imo the cut-and-pasting is a tad overdone. Not only the reuse of identical video but also the only slightly less offensive identical videos with the background switched.

Mike
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’m also not a big fan of them. I remember thinking the screenshots of them in magazines looked great but they’re so disconnected from the game that they just feel like weird interruptions to the rest of the game, which I am enjoying.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.