Dark Sun – Shattered Lands

Home Forums Game Suggestions Dark Sun – Shattered Lands

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• mogglebox
    Participant

While parts of this game are quite clunky, I really think it was the best isometric translation of the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons ruleset that SSI ever made. I am a big fan of the Dark Sun Setting, which may make me biased, but I think that the plot and pacing of this game are very good and that the production values are relatively high. There is also a surprising amount of roleplaying and choice/consequence dynamics compared to some of the more classic first person dungeon crawler efforts from SSI. Anyway, it may be a slightly obscure title, but I really recommend it. There was also a sequel which was pretty great and a complete failure of an MMO as a 3rd instalment.

Frenzal
    Participant

Love this game, played with different parties but only completed it with my 4x Half-Giants.

Step 1. Choose 4x Half-Giant Fighters.
    Step 2. Punch everything in it’s face.
    Step 3. Profit.

I never could get into RPGs for some reason until this game. Something about the view and interface really appealed to me. After this, I played so many RPGs in a top down/isometric view, Baldur’s Gate, Fallout, Nox, Diablo. Definitely the RPG gateway drug for me.

fastwinstondoom
    Participant

Would love an indepth look at these games, I’ve watched various video essays on both the mechanics and the setting and it seems quite fascinating. Perhaps the coolest dnd-setting of them all. Would love a good reason to pick up and play them 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Dark Sun – Shattered Lands