Dat box art

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rnlf.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Ok, most of you have probably never seen the Grand Prix Circuit box art (wink wink, nudge nudge, haha), so check this out.

Isn’t that something 😀 So 80s, haha. Great stuff.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

It’s totally 80s! Not only the stylish sunglasses, also that the box art doesn’t look like the actual game at all, not even remotely. Perfectly 80s 🙂

I see now that the game also has Hercules Monochrome graphics support. That would be a fun thing to try 😀

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

It also offers the same 3.5″ disk ‘upgrade’ for $5. Seems to be a thing Accolade offers more often?

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

My copy of TD2 has the same at least. It’s probably something that happened during the time when machines from an original PC to things like fast PS/2s without 5.25″ floppy drives were used at the same time. I wonder why they didn’t make separate boxes for 5.25 and 3.5″ floppies though.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, I don’t know. But I do remember all computers still had 5.25″ disk drives all the way into the 90s, at least the ones I had access to. So I suppose shipping a game on 5.25″ was fine for everyone?

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

My first computer didn’t have one. And it was an AT “clone” with a 286 CPU. But on the other hand, there were 486 machines with it. Such weird times 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.