Descent

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by microwerx microwerx 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • microwerx
    microwerx
    Participant

I’d like to suggest Descent as a game of the month.

Tijn
    Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I’ve heard other people talk about Descent as well. We should definitely have a look at this one 🙂

rnlf
    rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I wanted to suggest it, too! I am only concerned that it needs a decent Joystick for playing, otherwise it’ll be really hard.

microwerx
    microwerx
    Participant

There are a lot of people who swear by a joystick, but it is not necessary. I never had a good joystick playing it while in the 90s. Although, I must admit that it is nice to play with a gamepad.

pumpuli
    Participant

I’ve never liked how descent plays with a joystick.. somehow I like it better with a numpad!

..so it’s definitely playable without a joystick

toasty
    toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’d never heard of Descent until reading this. Apparently it’s a 360-degree, 3D, anti-gravity space shooter; what’s not to like?! It looks pretty great too!

Apparently it also has multiplayer :U

I’m definitely up for playing this 😀

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mgoddard
    Mgoddard
    Participant

Descent was great but I couldn’t imagine not playing it without my flightstick!

treadmikeway
    treadmikeway
    Participant
    Podcaster

I never had a joystick when I played this one as a kid, and I had a ton of fun. Freespace was a pretty cool entry in the series, but the planet/dungeon crawling of this game is amazing.

microwerx
    microwerx
    Participant

For me, the best part is the hordes of robots to destroy. There’s so much destruction. The other positive side is the soundtrack is amazing. I enjoy the PC version, though I love the PlayStation 1 port…CD soundtrack, colored 16-bit color, and the PSX controller was perfect. On the PC, I feel the joystick makes it harder to play…on the other hand…it feels like you’re actually piloting!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.