DGC leaderboard

Home Forums Previous Months 81 – June 2023: Stunts DGC leaderboard

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

In the same spirit as previous racing games we’ve featured, such as Grand Prix Circuit and Wipeout, we’ve once again put together a leaderboard for DOS Game Club members to post their best lap times to!

It can be found here: https://www.dosgameclub.com/stunts-leaderboard/

It’s a bit more elaborate than previous leaderboards, because one of Stunts’ cooler features is a built-in track editor. This means it doesn’t make much sense to offer a fixed set of tracks and instead we’ve opted to allow the adding of any track you want.

So if you’ve found a cool track online or built on yourself, please add it to the leaderboard and let’s see what people make of it.

Stunts also features a wide variety of cars and an even wider variety of custom cars, so we support any car you want. This means people will likely set the best times using the fastest cars, so we’ve also included a car filter which you can use to customise the leaderboard to your liking.

Because it’s so much more elaborate than previous efforts, there might be more bugs and things we find along the way. But hopefully nothing we can’t fix. Let us know if something isn’t working right.

Happy racing!

Cas
    Participant

Great work, guys! It’s nice to see more folks enjoying Stunts 🙂

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Thanks, Cas!

DJ_HiP
    Participant

Awesome work as always @Tijn, its a great rivalry board and with the added replay function really helps improve everyones laps.

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Loving the leaderboard! And as DJ_HIP says, the rivalry is great and really encourages me to improve my times 🙂

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Spoonboy just noticed DOS Game Club got its own page on the Stunts wiki, how cool is that: https://wiki.stunts.hu/wiki/DOS_Game_Club

It mentions our leaderboard and the question whether it will remain open after the month is over. Just as previous leaderboards, we’ll keep this one up for as long as we can, so no worries if you want to submit laps after the month is over!

DJ_HiP
    Participant

Incredible! And we’re even mentioned by name too 😀

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

This is great 🙂
    I love that they have seen that we are sincerely getting involved with the game, and in the creative ways it is being played nowadays.
    So much so, they have made us part of their official history!

Cas
    Participant

Hey, guys! I’ve just updated the wiki page that describes the Club. Of course, we think there’s a very important link between your community and ours! In fact, I’m registered here, so I’m part of both! 🙂

Duplode
    Participant

Hello everyone! I finally got to drive a couple laps around here. The leaderboard is pleasant to use, and I had good fun on the tracks. The diagonal-straight-and-l/r-cork combo at Brooklands was very interesting!

DJ_HiP
    Participant

Welcome Duplode!

Incredibly humbled to see a multi-zakstunts winner join us!

Glad you are enjoying the custom tracks, please upload one of your own if you get a chance, it would be great to see more tracks up there.

You’ll also need to give us some master hints on how to drive so fast so we can improve 😀

Marco
    Participant

Duplode, things are becoming more than serious

DJ_HiP
    Participant

aha, Welcome back Marco. Enjoy demoloshing my times, I know you’ll smash them all 😀

Marco
    Participant

Congratulation DJ to have found several fastest way to finish the circuits. You are very great in finding the cuts

Marco
    Participant

I have to give up with BarkLands today. I found the way to arrive at the final ghost loop with a good laptime but, by the moment, I have always crashed against it . It’s a quite lucky condition

DJ_HiP
    Participant

Why thank you @Marco, it takes a lot of track analysis to beat your pure driving skill 🙂

That final loop cut on Brooklands certainly makes or breaks the lap time and is very tight indeed to pull off!

Marco
    Participant

A perfect lap without cutting the loop can be around 1:22-1:23 . Anyway and, finally, I was able to do a very good lap in 1:24.15 always without cutting the loop. The most important challenge is too find the way to pass the corkscrew without jumping on exit so to enter the next banked road without losing speed. In this lap I did a very good job on the first corkscrew keeping 217 mph on the banked and a good job on the second keeping 208. I did many trials because , at this speed, a little mistake here or there always happen . Sometimes is very frustrating but I like much more to be frustrated than to use the replay handling … I hate the replay handling !!! 🙂

dreadnaut
    Participant

Hey folks 👋
    I’d like to add your leaderboard as an active “competition” on stunts.hu. Since there is no track of the month, it would look like the Custom Car Championship or No Time Travel cards.

For that I would need:
    – a banner 640×100 (or old school 468×60)
    – a brief description
    – content for the table that appears next to the description

Thank you!

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Hey @dreadnaut – I was away on holiday, but now that I’m back I’ll put something together for you. Very cool to have us listed!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 81 – June 2023: Stunts DGC leaderboard