It would be cool to try driving at level 3 to aim for actual best times & compete directly with the Wijma brothers.
Now I don’t want to break the current scoreboard by pushing the level 5 times down… What do you think we should do? Split the scoreboard in two? Stay at level 5? Or just switch to level 3 once and for all?
EDIT: I just gathered the world records at difficulty 3 from the podcast:
– Brazil 1.14.5 (Ferrari*) D.Wijma
– Monaco 0.52.5 (Ferrari) by D.Wijma
– Canada 0.59.5 (McLaren) by D.Wijma
– Detroit 1.01.5 (Ferrari) by A.Wijma & D.Wijma (tie)
– Britain 1.02.4 (Ferrari) by A.Wijma
– Germany 1.23.0 (McLaren) by A.Wijma
– Italy 1.08.0 (McLaren) by D.Wijma
– Japan 1.17.9 (McLaren/Ferrari**) by D.Wijma
* Just slightly better than the McLaren
** Exact same time with both cars
Being able to stay just a little bit longer in the red zone of the tachometer is the only small advantage with level 3 compared to level 5. It only has some importance for a few corners and only if you make us of this method. So on average the advantage is only a fraction of a second.
The argument for using level 5 is mainly in the realm of racing: having better opponents.