Difficulty levels: 3 or 5?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tijn Tijn 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • wan
    wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

It would be cool to try driving at level 3 to aim for actual best times & compete directly with the Wijma brothers.

Now I don’t want to break the current scoreboard by pushing the level 5 times down… What do you think we should do? Split the scoreboard in two? Stay at level 5? Or just switch to level 3 once and for all?

EDIT: I just gathered the world records at difficulty 3 from the podcast:

• – Brazil 1.14.5 (Ferrari*) D.Wijma
    • – Monaco 0.52.5 (Ferrari) by D.Wijma
    • – Canada 0.59.5 (McLaren) by D.Wijma
    • – Detroit 1.01.5 (Ferrari) by A.Wijma & D.Wijma (tie)
    • – Britain 1.02.4 (Ferrari) by A.Wijma
    • – Germany 1.23.0 (McLaren) by A.Wijma
    • – Italy 1.08.0 (McLaren) by D.Wijma
    • – Japan 1.17.9 (McLaren/Ferrari**) by D.Wijma
    •  

* Just slightly better than the McLaren
      ** Exact same time with both cars

Tijn
    Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I think it’s fine if the level 5 times are pushed down to be honest. If a level 3 time is faster, it’s only fair it’s placed above a level 5 time.

The level is still mentioned with each entry, so if you’re interested in the best level 5 times, you can look them up, right?

AndriesW
    Participant
    Podcaster

Being able to stay just a little bit longer in the red zone of the tachometer is the only small advantage with level 3 compared to level 5. It only has some importance for a few corners and only if you make us of this method. So on average the advantage is only a fraction of a second.

The argument for using level 5 is mainly in the realm of racing: having better opponents.

wan
    wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

Yeah after playing a bit on Level 3 the difference is not obvious at all. I agree with leaving all scores together.

AndriesW
    Participant
    Podcaster

I have made a complete overview of the record lap times of me and my younger brother.

Tijn
    Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Cool site, Andries!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.