Does Wolf 3D Have Too Much or Too Little Auto-aim?

Home Forums Previous Months 90 – March 2024: Wolfenstein 3D Does Wolf 3D Have Too Much or Too Little Auto-aim?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• watchful
    Participant

Feels like W3D has pretty generous autoaim in close quarters, or at least the v1.4 that Steam offers. It seems to really come in handy with keyboard-only controls. With a mouse I have mixed feelings.

It also appears the bullets get less accurate — or simulate drop off? — at large distances. Even when aiming directly at a distant enemy, it requires firing more rounds to take down enemies.

Is this all just my imagination? What does everyone else think?

fastwinstondoom
    Participant

There is definitely some form of accuracy decrease at range but since it goes both ways it feels pretty fair to me. Enemies at long range seem to never hit and do piddly damage but if you get flanked by a SS dude at close quarters, man, you die fast.

dr_st
    Participant

It seems pretty consistent with other games of that era. I believe keyboard only is how it was meant to be played.

nevice
    Participant

I never really thought about the auto-aim in my previous play-throughs, but having just recently re-installed the game, I’d say that the auto aim is fairly generous. It’s quite easy to hit enemies (at least at close to medium range) by just pointing generally in their direction. The accuracy (and I think the damage) goes down at long range, but it still feels fairly easy to get hits.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 90 – March 2024: Wolfenstein 3D Does Wolf 3D Have Too Much or Too Little Auto-aim?