Ducktales : The Quest for Gold

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Corgibuttz Corgibuttz 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PixelProphecy
    PixelProphecy
    Participant

A game of my childhood that I recently rediscovered. It has surprisingly good graphics for an EGA title and even PC speaker sound effects are bearable. It’s a collection of mini games with various degrees of Bad Controlsβ„’.

I think, it’s too small a game to play a full month but still quite entertaining for an afternoon or two.

rnlf
    rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Look at all that EGA awesomeness πŸ˜€

As a life-long Duck Tales fan, I think this clearly needs to go on the to-play list!

PixelProphecy
    PixelProphecy
    Participant

As long as we can look past the sometimes clunky controls πŸ˜‰

yozy
    yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Duck Tales is so great. I have played this at my dad’s work for years. I managed to win for the first time after maybe a year of playing.

Have you managed to make it run at a correct speed? I have not had that much luck in DosBox, especially the mountain climbing parts can get quite frustrating.

PixelProphecy
    PixelProphecy
    Participant

@yozy: I have not πŸ˜‰ What helped for the climbing parts was slowing down DOSBox and ever so slightly tapping the buttons, that they register as down for just a single game tick. Like I said: clunky πŸ˜‰

Corgibuttz
    Corgibuttz
    Participant
    Podcaster

I loved this game as a kid. My friend had it, and he did not like it. I’m pretty sure I tortured him by asking to play it every single time I visited. πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.