Earthworm Jim 1+2

Home Forums Game Suggestions Earthworm Jim 1+2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• dr_st
    Participant

Earthworm Jim 1+2 are rather unique, bizarre, hilarious and fun platformers of the nineties. I recently had the knack to replay them, and found lots of things in them and about them that I had not previously known.

For PC you have the option of playing the DOS version of EWJ1, or the Windows Special Edition. The Windows version is more complete and the controls/physics are better, but the DOS version has its charm too. Just don’t try it with a gamepad, or you’ll go nuts.

EWJ2 only has a DOS version, strangely, but it is more polished than EWJ1. Both games have great CD music.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I’d love to play it! I’ve only played EWJ2 on Mega Drive, but liked it a lot.

fastwinstondoom
    Participant

Bump for Earthworm Jim, might not be the best platformer of all time… but it sure is the coolest!

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Earthworm Jim,
    The Soil He Did Crawl
    Earthworm Jim,
    A Super Suit Did Fall.

Jim Was Just A Dirt Eating,
    Chewing Length Of Worm Flesh
    But All That Came To A Crashing end

Groovy!

DosDude
    Participant

This is a good one. Not just for ewj, but also to dive a little bit into shiny entertainment. Their games were always weird and awesome in the craziest ways.

fastwinstondoom
    Participant

I second the previous post, Shiny was/is a criminally overlooked developer! I think they only made 3 games for dos tho, EWJ1+2 and MDK. MDK is definitely in the weird and awesome category!

Martli
    Participant

That would be cool, half the Shiny team went on to make one of my all time favourite games The Neverhood, a (windows) game made entirely in claymation and with characters very much resembling Earth Worm Jim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Earthworm Jim 1+2