Favourite class?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

So HOMM1 features 4 classes to choose from:

– Knight
    – Barbarian
    – Sorceress
    – Warlock

The top 2 are the “fighter” kind, the other are the “magic” kind, although any class can use & train any skill.

Personally I like to play with the warlock best, because the dragons are just so great to have, haha.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Is it me, or is the starting class actually random? Is there a relation with the color you choose? It’s not entirely clear how it works to me.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I’m talking about a “standard game”, which is the mode I normally play. In campaign mode you can choose your class of course.

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

I think it is, yes. I like the Knight. Stop insulting me. Anyway, surely the best class is whoever is strongest in the early game, e.g. (probably) not the warlock?

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

infact the barbarian is probably the best starting class since he ignores terrain movement penalties

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, the Barbarian is pretty ace. Those trolls are great as well.

It’s definitely true that the Warlock is hard in the early game. I’m getting quite a beating in the campaign because of this now 🙁

dr_st
    Participant

In the second game, the special structure in the Warlock castle actually produces an extra 500 gold a day, just to balance out the cost of the troops. In Heroes 1, better find a gold mine, or a gold-producing artifact, or conquer another castle. 🙂

DavidN
    Participant
    Podcaster

It’s interesting you say that because I’m on level 4 of the campaign now, playing as Knights, and I’ve run into a difficulty wall where I had to admit defeat and start the level again – I spread myself too thinly with units that get torn through like paper, and I’ve been pining for access to the more powerful units of the Warlock class! Does the increased cost of the Warlock’s army make it impractical to build it up in the early game?

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, that’s exactly it, David. It’s really expensive to get all the warlock buildings + units when you don’t have tons of gold at first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.