Forum reply emails

Home Forums Support Forum reply emails

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• copypaper
    Participant

Hi folks,

I was wondering if there is a way to default “remind me of follow-up replies via email” to on for all posts, perhaps in the user profile?

At most other forums I’ve been on, this is a profile option (usually defaulted to on for everybody). This of course means more reminder spam, but I wonder if we lose a lot of people who post and never realize their posts have been replied to because they assume they’d get an email about it.

Thanks for considering!
    Copypaper

crazydescent
    Participant

Seconding this, or some way to see on the site that a thread you participated in has gotten a new reply.
    I’d rather visit the site once in a while and quickly see any updates/replies than get emails about it.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Hmmm… there is a check box at the bottom for me that says “notify me of follow-up replies via email”. Isn’t that showing up for you?

Also threads with a red exclamation mark in front of them have new replies since your last visit, that’s maybe useful 🙂

crazydescent
    Participant

I noticed the check, but you can only check it when replying. So I can’t adjust notifications on replies I already made. Also, it would be nice to just ‘follow/bookmark’ a thread, even if I don’t actually talk in it myself.
    SomethingAwful has a good system for following bookmarked threads, where you get a page with only the threads you bookmarked and if there’s any new posts in there, see the screenshot as an example. This saves a lot of time when there’s many different forums and topics.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Ah yeah. It’s a bit hard to implement this with our current forum software, but to be honest we’re working on a replacement. It might be a while before it’s ready to roll out, but the plan for the future is for us to have more control over how it all works, so we can definitely implement something like this then 🙂

copypaper
    Participant

Thanks Tijin! Not urgent for me, I love the site and podcast as-is, just think of it as an “if this is easy” feature request for future iterations. Thanks!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Support Forum reply emails