Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within

Home Forums Game Suggestions Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• danielalbu
    Participant

The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery (also known as Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within) is an FMV point-and-click adventure game, developed and published by Sierra On-Line for MS-DOS, Macintosh, and Microsoft Windows, and released in 1995

fneddy
    Participant

I always wanted to play this but never got to it. Maybe if it’s gone be on the club I’ll finally play it (つ°ヮ°)つ

tamsin.lm
    Participant

An excellent game! I would chance calling it the best FMV game of all time! Or at least of DOS. >.> <.<

Still, a wonderful game that would do well for a spooky entry. ^.^ Sadly it did not get Tim Curry or Mark Hamill, but still! Very cool!

copypaper
    Participant

I’ve also wanted to play this and have never gotten around to it.

Given my love for other questionable FMV games of the time, I bet I’d enjoy this one, since people say it is actually good 🙂

mister
    Participant

@fneddy and copypaper: Boy are you in for a treat! I never quite liked FMV style games, but this one is genuinly good. And not only was it a CD game, it had SIX of them. And I particulary liked that you had to switch the CDs amid playing. Great stuff in 1995.

copypaper
    Participant

Exciting! I’ll check it out.

RamB
    Participant

Curious about this one, never played it. Sounds like the one and only good FMV game.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

It’s one of the better ones, although I consider the Tex Murphy titles to be slightly superior.

aamiralavi
    Participant

The killer is not voolf it is vervoolf!

I always loved that the Gabriel knight games wove real world locations and history into their stories. Turns out I learned a lot about Ludwig II, Munich and Wagner through this game.

This is possibly my favorite game trilogy although I have to admit the third ‘jumped the shark’ with that moustache puzzle (possibly killed off the entire genre for a while!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within