Games to try?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Post DOS pinball games here!

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

The obvious ones are Pinball Dreams, Fantasies and Illusions. These started out on Amiga but supported some odd hi-res mode on PC so there is an argument that in this case it isn’t better on Amiga.

The first 3 Pro Pinball games came out for DOS. These were super-polished one table games which had support for very high (for the time) resolutions. These are the pinnacle of DOS pinball as far as I’m concerned.

There is also Epic Pinball which came out with a few different variations and names. I always saw it as a bit of a poor man’s Pinball Fantasies/Dreams personally but I’m probably in the minority.

You wouldn’t go wrong with any of the above. I’m struggling beyond those. There is the Pinball Construction Set if you want to go really old school – I don’t necessarily recommend it these days. There was another in full 3D called Tilt published by Virgin that I vaguely remember playing the demo for. It looked like it could be OK from the little I recall.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Psycho pinball was fun, it had a multi-table feature going from one table to another.

LunarLoony
    Participant
    Podcaster

There’s also Pinball Dreams 2. The first three Dreams games all came out in 1992, as well! Bonkers.

If we wanted to go super old-school, there’s Night Mission from 1983. Originally an Apple II game, but made its way to DOS too.

Otherwise, everything Pix said. Pro Pinball is the pinnacle of video pingames, in my opinion.

frozograbbins
    Participant

I really love the idea of pinball games and pinball in general although the gameplay mechanics for each table usually allude me. Looking forward to following this for other suggestions and the eventual podcast! 🙂

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

It might also be worth posting where you can get some:
    https://www.gog.com/games?sort=popularity&page=1&search=pinball

There’s the Pro pinball games and the pinball dreams games, as well as Epic Pinball.

Psycho pinball:
    https://archive.org/details/msdos_Psycho_Pinball_1995

andyplanck
    Participant

Must recommend Little Wings Tristan Pinball. That was released both for Mac and PC.

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

We probably don’t need any more tables but I’m also going to be trying out Interplay’s Star Trek Pinball having got hold of a boxed copy recently.

evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

I remember playing an EGA game similar to ,a href=”https://archive.org/details/SillyMasterBlasterPinballConstructionSet1985AnonymousAction”>Silly Master Blaster pinball but I don’t think it was it, but it was a long time ago. Ran off pin.exe and I think at least once I del *.* in c:\ and got rid of command.com trying to delete it when I got annoyed…….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.