Hello everyone!

Home Forums User Introductions Hello everyone!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Cruse
    Participant

Recently found out about this site and the podcast. Thoroughly enjoyed the episodes I have listen to so far (Doom and Simcity 2000) and look forward to listening to many more.

A bit about myself. I am in my 40s from Sweden and currently finishing up my PhD. I don’t play that much anymore but love the idea of a gaming club. I Especially like the idea of focusing on older games (e.g. DOS) that can be played on almost any type of PC or Mac. This makes it possible for more or less anyone to participate.

I have a lot of nostalgia towards dungeon crawlers and strategy games of the era, but I enjoy (enjoyed) most genres.

A game series I would love to be part of the game club is the Ishar games. I remember looking at screenshots and reading about the first game (I think) in a Swedish Magazine called “Highscore” back in the day, really wanting an Amiga 500 so I could play them. I was never able to get an Amiga at the time unfortunately so they remain in my list of “games I missed”. Seeing that they are available on DOS makes me want to play the games and experience what I was not able at the point, and discuss them with others.

watchful
    Participant

Welcome from a quarter Swede! (Albeit born in the US.)

If you haven’t already feel free to put in official suggestions in this subforum. I haven’t heard of the Ishar games before, though the graphics look solid for a dungeon crawler.

Cruse
    Participant

Thank you Watchful! I’ll head on over to the subforum and add my suggestion.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums User Introductions Hello everyone!