How about a MUD?!?!

Home Forums Game Suggestions How about a MUD?!?!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Corgibuttz
    Participant
    Podcaster

I never actually got to play one back in the day, but I heard about them and was always interested. I did a quick google and it looks like a few are still running on DOS clients, perhaps we could organize a few days a month to adventure together in the MUD and see what happens?!?

I don’t have a particular one picked out as I don’t really know them well. I’m sure research would turn up a good one!

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

There are quite a few MUDs still active today (I played one just a few years ago) and some of them are really sophisticated now.

I just feel, since they don’t actually run on DOS but you just use DOS as a terminal to connect to them, they are not really DOS games.

Of course, if others disagree with my opinion, we might totally do it!

Frenzal
    Participant

I played thousands of hours in different MUDs in the 90s, but always in versions of Windows.

I still consider them “DOS” weirdly though only because of the text interface and ascii drawings, interface and maps.

“DOS” seems to be, in my mind, related to a “CLI” somehow.

All the MUDs I played were TCP/IP based and I only started understanding how that worked once I got into Win95.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions How about a MUD?!?!