How to get the game

Home Forums Previous Months 50 – November 2020: Street Rod How to get the game

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Obtaining Street Rod is incredibly straight-forward, because it’s released as freeware a while back and is distributed through this web page: https://www.streetrodonline.com/downloads/

Simply click on your desired version and it will download it 🙂 The PC version works just fine in Dosbox.

Street Rod 1 is the standard game as it was released at the time. SE is a sort of expansion pack, although it actually replaces all the cars from the original game with completely different ones. The game is otherwise the same as the original.

Street Rod 2 is the sequel, which is similar to the first game, but expands almost all areas: more cars, more parts, more events to take part in. It is also a *ton* more difficult, so be advised haha

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

The reason why it’s freeware is because some guy bought the license to Street Rod from the original developers back in 2012 with the idea of creating a sequel for it, called “Street Rod Online”.

I’m not sure what the status of this project is, but in the process of setting up a website for it, they were so kind to offer free downloads of the original games.

Titanduck
    Participant

Looking further into Street Rod online, its actually a card game that was placed on kickstarter, it started in 2018 but initially failed, They set up a new kickstarter that would get the money no matter if they got funded or not, the card game can be found here.
    https://gaudetegames.com/street-rod-shop/

the card game got from what i can see quite low scores due to incomplete rules, lots of number crunching and how luck based it is, for example, the first players can buy all the cheap parts, and then the last player does not have money to buy parts anymore, and from that point he/she will be behind, and has lost from the get-go.

I know this is about the PC Game, but its quite fun to see what happened the street rod and where it is today.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 50 – November 2020: Street Rod How to get the game