Introducing: GrandpaGamer

Home Forums User Introductions Introducing: GrandpaGamer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• GrandpaGamer
    Participant

I retired last year. I missed out on the DOS games during its heyday as I had spent 26 years in the military then 14 years as a test pilot. All while raising a family, so who has time for the fun stuff. Now, my purpose in life is being a grandpa but I get a little time to do some computer gaming and I have a nostalgia for those DOS games I heard about, but didn’t have the time for back then. I only played a half dozen or so games back then.. some were updates from my commodore 64 days back in college: Zork, Empire-Wargame of the Century, etc. But I also spent a few hours playing SimCity2000 and Civilization II (win 3.1 – but still DOS). Looking forward to comparing notes on these new (for me) old games.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Hey that’s awesome! Welcome 🙂

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Welcome!
    I also enjoy some SimCity2k, and it’s a fun episode to listen to 😉
    With your military background, I wonder if you ever played many DOS flightsims?

GrandpaGamer
    Participant

I played 4 or 5 versions of Microsoft FS – that’s my favorite. A few others (combat oriented) as well. But most of my 14 years post military were spent as an instructor test pilot for real simulators. Desktop sims can’t stand up to that.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Especially not those from the 80s and 90s haha

James Smith
    Participant

I wonder whether you’ve ever played many DOS flightsims given your background in the military.
    magento 2 install security patches

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums User Introductions Introducing: GrandpaGamer