Is there a “cliff notes” way to experience this?

Home Forums Previous Months 70 – July 2022: The Last Express Is there a “cliff notes” way to experience this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I don’t think I’ll have much time this month to get into this game, but it certainly looks intriguing. Not sure I want to buy it if I only end up playing it for 5 minutes because I’m too busy (like I did with LBA!)
    Is there a good way to experience this game second-hand? I could watch a walkthrough or let’s play on youtube, but I get the feeling that it wouldn’t do this game justice.

watchful
    Participant

Play the first few encounters. IIRC after about 15 minutes you should have a feel for it, at least mechanically.

As for the story and visuals, try a Let’s Play with commentary. Then you can experience it and also hear how someone reacts and thinks through it.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Honestly I think watching a playthrough of this game would give a pretty good impression of what it’s all about, as it’s extremely focused on the story. It only has a handful of puzzles. It’s really all about soaking in the atmosphere, listening to the conversations and watching the plot unfold. It’s really an interactive film, this game. So watching it as a film definitely works.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I did end up watching a few playthroughs. Unfortunately a lot of them seem to expect prior knowledge of the game, but I did find one in the end that went a bit more slowly and explained things as it went.
    This is an amazing game. I really have to make some time and play it properly at some point!

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

It might be even more enjoyable to know what you’re doing and spend your time finding things in the game vs. going in totally blind. Even still, it was A LOT of fun going through.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 70 – July 2022: The Last Express Is there a “cliff notes” way to experience this?