Jill speedruns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

For those interested, the Jill speedruns can be found below:
    speedruns
    Of course, the complicated non shareware levels take longer with their lovely **** jumping but good luck to people if you want to try and take a record!

evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

So I thought something was a bit off when watching the speedrun for Episode 1, I didn’t remember the game being that smooth of easy to control.

Turns out, the runner has set cycles to max for Jill 1, and 19,500 for Jill 2 and 3.

I just had a play with it, I didn’t notice a huge difference (except for some music glitching at very high cycles) so I’m thinking back in the day my machine maybe wasn’t up to the task!

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Oh no! Must have been all those impressive VGA colours that were just too much to handle.

dr_st
    Participant

Very nice speedruns, thanks for sharing. The intentional use of deaths to restart at the beginning (saving backtracking) is a frequent element, which takes advantage of the fact that you retain all items collected.

I notice that the 1.0 versions are used, so the demons in episodes 2 and 3 succumb to a single hit of the blade. Heck (Episode 2 Level 9) would be far trickier without it! 😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.