KeeperFX 1.0.0 release

Home Forums Previous Months 88 – January 2024: Dungeon Keeper KeeperFX 1.0.0 release

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Jozxyqk
    Participant

Well on time for those of us who like to play our childhood games as we remember them being, not as they actually were:
    https://keeperfx.net/

Release 1.0.0 marks the milestone of having replaced all code from the original and is fully compatible with the gog version of dungeon keeper.

fastwinstondoom
    Participant

Keeperfx is definitely the way to go if you play this game regularly. I’m gonna go vanilla for january tho, for that true ’97 experience, annoying bugs and unimplemented features be damned 😀

DJ_HiP
    Participant

I’ve got it all running nicely.

Like many other re-code-releases this still requirs the original files to work.

The GOG Gold files work perfectly, and were on sale when I bought them.

You can also get the OGG music working with it too.

Jozxyqk
    Participant

Dungeon keeper is very often on sale over at gog.

It is 75% off at this very moment, until the 16th of this month.

taxalot
    Participant

A word of warning for all of us playing on KeeperFX or intending to, the game is MUCH MUCH harder than the original version. This is because KeeperFX greatly enhances the AI, and said AI becoming much more agressive on maps that haven’t been changed or were designed for a weaker AI.

As a result, the strategy that is to play defensively and gain time to enhance your creatures before attacking the enemy is also dangerous, for the enemy will actively seek you out and attack you even if you are not ready.

Newcomers to the game have therefore a choice, play a better port with much harder difficulty, or play the intended original.

DJ_HiP
    Participant

How interesting! I’ll have to fire up dosbox and see how that handles by comparison now.

Mike
    Participant
    Podcaster

Yeah, I guess I should revisit the original now. I’m doing ok with the difficulty but did notice that the AI seemed to be more aggressive than I had remembered from these games. I guess the tradeoff is that the game is much easier for me to control and play due to all the stuff KeeperFx adds

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 88 – January 2024: Dungeon Keeper KeeperFX 1.0.0 release