Kids Games

Home Forums Game Suggestions Kids Games

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Mgoddard
    Participant
    Podcaster

How about some of the kids games? Not the math learning type but the adventure/puzzle ones. I’d love to see you working through Castle of Dr Brain on the highest difficulty, or some of the Super Solvers series like Midnight Rescue, Neptune, or Ancient Empires. I remember Super Solvers: Challenge of the Ancient Empires!
    got difficult.

Avi Hayun
    Participant

+1 to Ancient Empires
    +1 Castle of dr. brain

abc
    Participant

Yeah, I’d be all in to delve again into the Dr. Brain games (Castle and/or Island). See how well I can do now that I know a bit more of proper English and I can get through the fit-the-right-word parts without having to guess everything or using up all my tokens…

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

You sir, Mr. Mgoddard, are a saint! I played Challenge of the Ancient Empires so much as a kid and never could remember the name. I now know what this weekend holds for me…

+1 Ancient Empires

evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

+1 to the follwing:
    Gizmos and Gadgets, an amazing late DOS game of reading what parts do what for your machine
    Outnumbered!: Maths puzzles! What else could I ask for!
    Operation Neptune: More Maths?!??! Yes!

PixelProphecy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Castle of Dr Brain has some great tunes. Sierra quality 🙂

Canageek
    Participant

+1 Gizmos and Gadgets, I’d love to be on that show, I played a TON of it as a kid.

One of the easy adventures like Fatty Bear’s Birthday Surprise would be great- I played the HECK out of that as a kid.

DOSHomebrew
    Participant

Pepper’s adventures in time? Anyone?

LunarLoony
    Participant
    Podcaster

How about the early Putt-Putt games?

copypaper
    Participant

Super solvers was big growing up. There are so many games that could fit in this category.

The Living books series was a big part of my childhood. There’s the Reader Rabbit series as well. Richard Scarry’s Busytown, Kid Pix, and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, were also favorites.

Also… As a kid without a home console who was more than slightly jealous of those with NES/SNES, I played a lot of Mario is Missing! 😂

DJ_HiP
    Participant

What, no Word Rescue?! I kid 😉

I also enjoyed Acient Empires on a 286 back in the day and Treasure Mountain.

It depends how simple, like ‘The Playroom’ from 1989 which was more a mouse training game.

Otherwise ‘Think Quick’ was another puzzle solving fame from 1987 (CGA 4 Colours too!).

Would ‘Virtual Pool’ be considered a Kids Game? Played lots of that too, pity none of it translated into real life billiard skills however 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Kids Games