King's Quest

Home Forums Game Suggestions King's Quest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Maybe it’s time… to play the Sierra classic King’s Quest.
    In original parser form, or SCI, or maybe the (unofficial) vga remake, or maybe the 7 sequels + very recent game?

Still a fun title (even though I loathe permadeath, and the numpad ‘5’ key is worth having)!

We have QFG, we had MI, now for yet another one?

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I would like to play more Sierra adventures, but maybe we should first look into a few other company’s works. Like Simon the Sorcerer, or Normality which sorceress has suggested quite a while ago already.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

I agree, I thought I’d throw it out, since we talked about it on IRC.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, I’m all for it once we’ve looked a bit over the rim of our adventure tea cup!

Baron Blubba
    Participant

I would love to hear The Dos Game Club talk about King’s Quest (and even join the podcast, perhaps), but not the original. Or at least, not only the original. While it is an important game in the history of gaming and PC graphics technology, it’s not actually that interesting of a game and has also already been covered so many times by so many other podcasts and articles.
    The rest of the series, particularly from KQ3 and onward, are much more memorable and interesting to talk about from a gameplay perspective.

Another point and click which I would ***love*** for Dosgamesclub to cover is Conquest of the Longbow. But I have too much to say about that one, so will make a separate topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions King's Quest