KKND Editor, to make your own easy mode

Home Forums Previous Months 68 – May 2022: Krush, Kill ‘n’ Destroy KKND Editor, to make your own easy mode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• watchful
    Participant

KKND has some difficulty cliffs, and I couldn’t find any easy mode or built-in cheats, but did find KKND Unit Editor. You extract it into KKND folder and run it from DOS(Box). It allows changing unit hit points, costs, etc. which can help re-balance things when missions feel unfair.

If you notice sound stops working after patching I found rerunning the installer to reconfigure the sound helped. One can also export a ‘patch’ file of changes you prefer, then import that patch file.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Nice tool. You can edit units pretty easily with any text editor if you just open “units.cfg”, but it’s a pretty tedious way to do it. A tool like this can make it a bit simpler.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

So… I just realised that the “units.cfg” file only affects multiplayer. I think.
    I played 2 or 3 single player missions that way, thinking I was cheating and doing pretty well (much better than before). Then I tried the editor and realised my changes to the “units.cfg” file hadn’t actually affected the game at all! (The editor on the other hand made a noticeable difference)
    It’s amazing what a bit of misplaced confidence does for you…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 68 – May 2022: Krush, Kill ‘n’ Destroy KKND Editor, to make your own easy mode