Legend of Kyrandia

Home Forums Game Suggestions Legend of Kyrandia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• belowzero273
    Participant

Hi guys, I would like to suggest a game – Legend of Kyrandia. I think it’s the only point and click adventure game from Westwood, publisher better known for strategic games like C&C and Dune. For some reason it’s considered a hidden gem by many reviewers, but I’ve played it as a kid and replayed many times.

There’s something really magical about Legend of Kyrandia series so it would be fun to discuss it.

Corgibuttz
    Participant
    Podcaster

Hmm I actually had that one as a kid! But I never had any of the sequels. I don’t think I ever beat it. You just need to find tons of gems and figure out where to place them for the most part right? To defeat the evil Jester?

octnun
    Participant

I played all 3 of them back in the day, the fist one ( Kyrandia Book I) was the best in my opinion but the other 2 were also nice.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

My opinion of the first game is that it is gorgeous with heart achingly beautiful atmosphere and music, but some pretty repetitive puzzles.

The second game is really creative and has some cool locations, but it’s not as atmospheric as the first one. The puzzles and game progression are way better though.

I couldn’t get into the third game. I just can’t stand pre-rendered 3D graphics of that era!

I’d love to do an episode on this!

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

I played and loved Hand of Fate – it’s beautiful. Would enjoy trying out the original as well!

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

This might be an interesting adventure game to check out next year, since this year is pretty packed with them already.

We had this idea to maybe do one Sierra, one Lucas and one other adventure game each year. This could fill the “other” slot.

hollywood
    Participant

Loved this game! Really good intro with scary, creepy Malcom skulking around. Also like the fresh game mechanic using the different gems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Legend of Kyrandia