Master of Magic [1994]

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions Master of Magic [1994]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• kingdean
    Participant

Classic 4x strategy game combining multiple races, magic and planes of existence. The 3D combat with spell casting, heroes and veteran armies was quite advanced for the time.

The interface for this game is very easy to play and has a significant amount of content which was only just surpassed in my opinion with the release of Age of Wonders III. If you have a quick look through the manuals linked below it is easy to see how many different ways this game can be played, operating a traditional army trained at the barracks and gaining experience in the field (Table I in the manual), a magic army of summoned creatures (Table J in the manual), spellcasters summoning creatures in the field or a combination of the above with global spells such as stopping time, zombie mastery or lycanthropy.

Manual Here
    Spellbook Here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Magic

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I greatly approve of this suggestion 😀

Marco
    Participant

By Steve Barcia, Master of Magic ( that i call “the Magic Civilization”) is the clear example that Civilization could have an improved strategic battle system already in the 2nd chapter. Here we have a sort of fantasy battlefield but surely more strategic that nothing. I never understood why Sid has never worked about this point on the next Civilization release. Infact i have bought from 1 to 4 and than i stopped. Master of Magic is a very great game and with planar world it becomes double.

Avi Hayun
    Participant

Vote +1

butterburp
    Participant

Any chance of bringing this game back on the ballot, since it came so close in November?

(On the other hand, HOMM is no slouch either and I’m looking forward to playing it this month!)

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

@butterburp, I think Tijn likes this game so much, we’ll just play it without a vote some time during the year. That and Master of Orion (2), because I want it :-p

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

ah man just watching the screenshot gives me itchy fingers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions Master of Magic [1994]