Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Home Forums Game Suggestions Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

Up for your perusal is my favorite game of all time, Might and Magic: World of Xeen.

I know this will be a commitment as this game is actually both 4 and 5 mashed together to make one cohesive experience and add in one final quest to tie everything together in a nice tidy bow. However, this was the final “main line” game published for DOS, as 6 was a Windows 95 title, and as such, takes all of the best bit from all of the past titles and creates what is in my opinion, the definitive Might and Magic experience!

This series means a lot to me as it came into my life during a huge change, and has stayed with me through all of the good after that change. It literally represents a turn toward a healthy and happy life for me. This has made my collection grow to encompass anything Might and Magic I can lay my hands on!!!

This will be a huge game to take in in one month, but I do truly believe that once people start playing this one, it will stick with them, and they will want to play through to the end!

Attachments:

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

The games alone and in the follow-up combined package:

Attachments:

Sadelape
    Participant

+1 Love this game.

pointer
    Participant

As an oldschool RPG and Might and Magic fan, this double entry was more than I ever hoped for. Too much, actually.

The idea of using one party to complete both games back-to-back seemed great. I enjoyed Clouds of Xeen a lot, and was looking forward to the second game.

But by the time I finally crossed over to the Darkside, I was tired of the mechanics and ready to move on to a different game. Maybe I just lacked the patience back then, YMMV.

Cruse
    Participant

Fantastic game(s). Played and finished it perhaps 10 years ago and remember thoroughly enjoying my time. But, as pointer writes, it becomes a bit of a slog half way through.

Would definitely play them again if it is decided to be part of the games club schedule.

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

I am currently catching up on podcasts, sadly I am a year behind, but am listening to the Eye of the Beholder episode. You all mention Might and Magic heavily as a big series in the Dungeon Crawl genre, and I couldn’t agree more!

Just decided I might need to bump this one a bit… and beg to play this one in the club once more!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Might and Magic: World of Xeen