Monkey Island Ultimate Talkie Edition

Home Forums Previous Months 20 – September 2018: The Secret of Monkey Island Monkey Island Ultimate Talkie Edition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Srandista
    Participant
    Podcaster

Hello DosGameClubers!
    Since next month’s game will be The Secret of Monkey Island, I want to share this tool, which can enrich your experience with DOS version of a game. I didn’t made this tool and I take no credit for it, just want to share it with all of you interested.

So what it does? Basically it will take the Special Edition, which you can find on GOG or Steam, and create custom DOS/ScummVM version, which includes the dabbing instead of subtitles (but you can change between Text only, Voice only and both with Ctrl-T). Also it fixes some bugs, and it will add support for Roland MT-32, General MIDI and Adlib. You can find more information on the website and in Readme file within the archive.

Installation is pretty straightforward, just extract package into Monkey Island Special Edition directory, add xWMAEncode.exe (downloadable from mod site) into Tools directory and run appropriate bat file. After couple of minutes, you should have build ready to run and play.

You can find all necessary information as well as the requirements, installation instructions and finally downloads on following site: Monkey Island Ultimate Talkie Edition

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Oh nice, that’s pretty cool 😀

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

This is cool, man!

Fatherbeast
    Participant

This is my preferred way of playing this on my phone.

arielcab
    Participant

Hi,i have the Ultimate talkie edition 1 and 2, can make Spanish subtitles version with the talkie edition?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 20 – September 2018: The Secret of Monkey Island Monkey Island Ultimate Talkie Edition