Nightdive Remaster

Home Forums Previous Months 39 – April 2020: System Shock Nightdive Remaster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

So for those who didn’t know, Nightdive Kickstarted a remaster in 2016. It’s been a bit of a development hell story development-wise, with changing engines from Unity to UE4 in 2017, being put on hold in 2018, as they had ideas like dynamically generated space stations and the like which turn out to be very expensive!
    The released an early alpha which I ran on my older PC and it ran atrociously, so perhaps their stream might be better
    In theory, it is planned to be released in 2020, but who knows….

This is also different than the proposed System Shock 3, where the development team has been let go after money and progress issues
    (edit)
    As of 19th, Otherside Entertainment have put out a press release, they’re still working on the game, but the publisher has left the project

yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

In the comparisons between the remake and the classic the striking difference is the music. The remake is much more atmospheric where as the old version was vibing.

I still look forward for the eventual release, especially since the SS3 is now as good as dead. Hopefully they’ll remake the 2 as well?

evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

I believe there’s a “Enhanced Edition” coming out by Nightdive, which should be really good and hopefully addresses a lot of the balance issues, as well as compiling all the HD mods people have made to fix that early 3D horrible look :D.

They’ve spoken about it on streams and things, but nothing official apart from press releases sadly 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 39 – April 2020: System Shock Nightdive Remaster