Nostalgia overload!

Home Forums Previous Months 79 – April 2023: Discworld Nostalgia overload!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• haytada
    Participant

Oh wow, I know this is close to an entire year away but I am so incredibly excited for this podcast.

This was, embarrassingly, my first introduction into Discworld but I was absolutely hooked between this and its sequel. I was only young but I have extremely vivid memories of the Unseen University in general and the Librarian!

Rincewind definitely holds his own against the other well known protagonists of the genre, I’d like to think he is the perfect mix of Simon (from Simon the Sorcerer) and Guybrush Threepwood!

Again, looking forward to this so much!

taxalot
    Participant

I hear it’s one of those “play it with a walkthrough or else! ” game.

Cruse
    Participant

I love this game so much but I have not played it since the 90s, so there is probably a heavy dose of nostalgia talking.

Regarding whether or not you need a walkthroug, I would say that it depends. I finished it without one at the time, but I am also a big fan of the Discworld books. If you are “tuned in” to the logic of the world and the humor etc., I think you start to understand the logic. Or lack thereof, depending on how you view it.

Is there a legal way to get this game nowadays? I would love to play it again.

Windos
    Participant

Funny game
    had this in the 90s. never finished it allways got stuck at some point.

looking forward to playing this again.

ill probably look for it on Ebay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 79 – April 2023: Discworld Nostalgia overload!