(OT) 386DX-40 video by rnlf

Home Forums Support (OT) 386DX-40 video by rnlf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• butterburp
    Participant

(Mods – feel free to move this, not sure where we can post general/off-topic stuff)

Just wanted to give a huge shoutout to rnlf and his fascinating 386-40 building video, complete with networking. You are quite a brave one for dealing with crumbling vintage parts. Even your cat was cheering you on. Thanks for posting it!

Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw8moAQ1wTA

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Thanks for advertising it so I don’t have to :-p

We don’t really have a good place for OT stuff at the moment. I think the closest will be the support forum.

Maybe we should rename it to something more general.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Maybe we should have a general chat forum and keep the support forum for real support stuff (site issues etc.).

DJ_HiP
    Participant

That was incredible, beautifully restored and configured.

Really brought back far too many memories of just how many hours we spent getting so many cards to play nice with each other. “Kids these days don’t know how good they’ve got it!!” 😛

Also brought back the nightmares of trying to squeeze adult hands into tiny spaces to plug floppy and molex connectors into drives! Many cuts and grazes on my hands from pushing them into spaces they should not go 🙂

Love the finishing touches with the DGC sticker and running Second Reality on it in the closing shot!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Support (OT) 386DX-40 video by rnlf