Patch differences

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Does someone remember or have it handy somewhere what were the differences between 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2?

Srandista
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’m not really sure to be honest, since there’s no changelog or release notes included in patches. But from my research and experience I know, that they somehow changed/upgraded its sound engine (DMX, also used in Doom) from 1.0 to 1.1, because on one of my (too modern) PC with ESS Solo-1 sound card the sound stops working, when using version 1.1 or 1.2, with only music still working. With 1.0, all is good. Fun fact, the same applies to mentioned Doom as well, therefore on that machine, I can only play Doom version 1.2, because from version 1.666 (the next non-shareware version after 1.2), the sound stops working for me as well.

console
    Participant

In Raptor 1.2 there’s a binary called “RAPHELP.EXE” (called RAP-HELP.EXE in 1.0). This file contains the following info:

=================
    WHAT’S NEW IN 1.2
    =================

Raptor v1.1 has no new features that were not in v1.1. This is a maintenance release, and this is not needed if your previous version of Raptor was working properly. A problem which would not allow 8-Bit Sound Blasters to play Raptor without locking up has been corrected in v1.2.

=================
    WHAT’S NEW IN 1.1
    =================

For our customers who did not get v1.1, and are upgrading to v1.2 directly from version 1.0, here is a summary of what was added or fixed in v1.1 of Raptor.

Raptor v1.1 has one new feature that was not in v1.0. That is direct support for the Creative Labs Sound Blaster AWE 32 Sound Card.

Fixed in v1.1 :

Joystick Calibration. v1.0 had some problems where joysticks were not being calibrated properly. If you chose a joystick as a control device, the game will ask you to calibrate your joystick before you play. Please see the section called “Raptor Detailed Help” for more assistance in this matter.

Pro Audio Spectrum 16 SFX. PAS16 owners could not get sound effects working on v1.0 (unless they used Sound Blaster Emulation). This has been fixed in v1.1, and PAS16 sound card owners now have full support.

Color Palette Change. The setup program from v1.0 would change the color palette on some computers forcing you to have darkened text when you quit the game and ran anything else. This didn’t harm anything, but made your system’s colors look funny. This has been fixed in v1.1.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.