Playthrough

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

(contains spoilers)

Almost there! The station is shaking, the alarm is blaring, Shodan is getting really pissed off. From what I gather from e-mails I’d better stock up on medkits and go scour the floors for the best guns. I still wonder if I should go fetch the railgun and if yes, what tho throw away, maybe the pistol won’t be much needed anymore.

Let’s see where this goes…

evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

Good luck Yozy! And yes, those teflon rounds (and your inventory) only work for so long…

yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

It’s done and Shodan’s no more. At least for now, we all know what happens in SS2 🙂

I remember playing this game quite vividly some 20 years back. I’ve gotten as far as being able to roam around floors 1-6 but I’ve never managed to get rid of the laser. I haven’t had internet and completely missed the small button to release the force field around the isotope x-22. Much much later in my second play through which I haven’t finished I managed to find it.

This time I was more vigilant about the various messages and managed to pull through without many issues. The one thing that tricked me was the reactor code. I believed that it was the one that should pop at one of the screens on the 6th floor but that wasn’t it. (Was it just me dreaming or is the code that shows on one f of the screens useless?)

Of course I had the memo that I should destroy all of the computers but by the time I read it all of them were already blasted.

I’ve applied the rush-b from regen room into hordes of mutants strategy quite often so my final stats are not that glorious. Ended up with over 30 med patches and tons of ammo too.

The game has held up remarkably well. The story, the level design and the rather impressive variety of weapons kept me in until the end. I’m definitely up to play SS2 again soon.

10/10

yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

With the time on hand I wrote a mini review after playing the game: https://yozy.net/2020/04/system-shock/

evilcommiedictator
    Participant
    Podcaster

Better late than never! I got lucky with cyborg conversion on 6 and 3, but had to look up 7s, and had to look up where the easiest 2 of the 3 final wire puzzles were lol. I have played it before, hence the time not being long (and I was happy to look up things and cheat that way…)

Attachments:

yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

GG!

For the 7th I’ve almost had the level cleared after tons of medkit use and actual shooting, before I caved and looked where the conversion machine is 😀 Also for the puzzle after being locked with the C4 I used a logic probe, my old gnarly hand just wasn’t fast enough.

I tried using the iq enhancement drug but I didn’t understand what it’s supposed to be doing except changing how arrow keys behave.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.