Quake

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Srandista
    Participant
    Podcaster

You guys must have known, that this is coming!

2 years anniversary of Dos Game Club is not so far away and what better way to celebrate it, than by playing successor of Doom, legendary Quake from id Software?

You may think that I’m crazy, but in fact, original Quake was still DOS game! And luckily, modern machines have enough grunt to play Quake even with software rendering and with great frame rate, something what people could only dream about in 1996.

This was a big leap in graphics back then, first fully 3D rendered FPS game, and it’s frenetic multiplayer is still being played even today.

So what guys, don’t you think, that this is a great fitting game for next March podcast? There wasn’t any FPS on DGC since Duke Nukem 3D, which incidentally was also run on March 😉

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I would *love* to play Quake.

I’m not sure we can do it for next March though, some people have been begging for Blood (or Hexen?) quite a while.

Srandista
    Participant
    Podcaster

So what guys, can’t I change you mind about March game? Quake it’s a great one, I promise! 😉

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

+1

MattP
    Participant

+1

I’d love to join the podcast as Q1 is one of my favorite games of all time.

McKracken
    Participant

Besides id’s previous games, Quake is one of my all time favorite shooters from the 90s. The history and background of this game is super interesting. It also marks a big shift for id software. The soundtrack is amazing, and it opened a total new world of music for me back in the days.
    Let me know if you need support for a podcast episode on this one.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

We picked this one as our 5th anniversary game in March 2022. Looking forward to fragging you all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.