Radiators!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• PixelProphecy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Is it my bad or why is everyone in my hospitals, to say it with Tijn’s words, super cool? I am placing radiators everywhere, in the lobby, in the GP’s office, in the fricking toilet and everyone is catching a cold sooner or later, any ideas?

Also, I think I need to come on the podcast for this one, because opinions šŸ˜‰

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

You seem to need a radiator every 4 or 5 squares in corridors. Every room needs at least one, bigger rooms 2 or 3. I think it works on a radius, at least in the corridors. Something like the character has to be within 3 spaces of a radiator or they start getting colder so make sure to have them near any waiting areas.

There is also supposed to be a setting to turn up the heating but I never found it. You need a whole lot of radiators at any rate.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

It’s in the screen where you buy new buildings. There is an adjustment thingie in the panel in the left.

The map will actually show you how far the heat reaches.

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

Aha! I had the same difficulty and had to do some investigation to figure this out.

First, you can change the heat setting by going to the hospital map menu (the green icon in the menu bar). There you can view radiator coverage (click ā€œToggle radiatorsā€) and also adjust the heating.

Second, I noticed that even empty buildings affect this, so I got in the habit of placing radiators as soon as Iā€™ve bought a new block. Then when creating rooms you can either place new radiators or move the existing ones (but make sure to move them before trying to place the room!).

Finally, I cheated a little and did some reading. Apparently the radiator coverage map matters, but also the temperature of each room is just the mean, i.e. the number of radiators divided by the roomā€™s size: so essentially you want to put more radiators in large rooms. Iā€™m not sure how they knew this, or exactly what ratio to use, but I started putting a second radiator in every room which was larger than about 25 cells, and this seemed to work.

PixelProphecy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Ah, thanks for the help! So I just need more of them. *sigh*

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.