Realms of the Haunting (1997)

Home Forums Game Suggestions Realms of the Haunting (1997)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

This would be another good Halloween pick. It’s a first person adventure game/Doom hybrid with four CD’s worth of FMV thrown in. Your character inherits a haunted house which ends up leading on a wild journey through other dimensions. The FMV is really well put together and gives a sort of old Doctor Who vibe. The combat isn’t up to Doom standards but is entertaining enough and the puzzles/exploration aspects of the game work really well in the 3D engine. It’s the story and presentation that really makes this game – this is up there with the best FMV titles for me and one of the last great DOS games.

Mike
    Participant
    Podcaster

I would enjoy this a lot. It’s a relatively obscure game, the FMV is a lot of fun to watch, and I think the adventure game/FPS hybrid works pretty well.

Cruse
    Participant

This is a game I have so a lot of memories playing. At the time I was amazed with the atmosphere and being able to explore all the areas.

aamiralavi
    Participant

Great game. Skirted the line between RPG, Action-Adventure, FPS and point and clicks; so a bit challenging to categorise

The setting and ambience were fairly unique at that time too.

Would love to replay through this

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Realms of the Haunting (1997)